Accept No Substitutes
Why Restaurants and Grocery Stores
Around The World Insist On Only Selling
Certified Canadian Back Bacon™
The food services industry is in a constant state of struggle. Through a variety of economic, competitive, and social factors, restaurants and grocery stores can barely survive. What those companies need is an edge – something their customers are asking for; something the restaurant or grocery chain can offer that their competition may not have.
Canadian Back Bacon has long been a popular choice for consumers. However, there are many back bacon products masquerading as “Canadian Back Bacon”. One way that food services companies can remain competitive in today’s difficult market is to ensure that they are only offering Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ products. Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ products include pork and beef options.
This whitepaper explains the problems facing the food services industry and how Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ provides a much-needed solution to some of those problems.
Ask any restaurant proprietor or grocer and they’ll tell you: The food services industry is a difficult industry to operate in, even at the best of times.
To enter the marketplace, a significant capital investment and arduous regulatory compliance is required. And to additional capital and regulatory effort must be maintained for the food services company to remain in operation.
Competition is fierce – food services operations dot the landscape in every city and each one vies for the customer’s limited dollar. As a result, many products are sold at a loss just to get customers in the door. And those that aren’t sold at a loss are sold with razor-thin margins. Otherwise, the customer can go somewhere else.
Customers are also demanding very specific foods. In a world that is increasingly international, cultural and religious customs dictate diet. In addition to cultural and religious customs, there is a new influence that makes it even more difficult for the food services industry: Television programming and the internet have turned customers into self-proclaimed “foodies” who have become far more determined – and insistent – with their voice and their wallet.
So it’s no wonder that every year, new food services companies start and fail. Restaurants spring up and go bankrupt. Grocery stores struggle to maintain a foothold in the marketplace and soon fail. Only the big chains, with significant capital and expertise, can afford the cost of building and operating at a loss for several years in a new location.
And that grim picture is painted even at the best of times. It gets worse during an economic downturn.
THE BACK BACON PROBLEM
The food services industry faces further problems as well, in the form of a “back bacon masquerade”. Canadian back bacon has long been a popular choice for consumers in restaurants and grocery stores. Unfortunately, there has been no oversight or guidance into what defines Canadian back bacon.
This further exacerbates the industry’s problems: Back bacon products masquerading as “Canadian back bacon” are of differing quality and taste, and usually only come as a pork-derived product.
Therefore, so-called “Canadian back bacon” has really become an umbrella term for any type of meat product that somewhat resembles some specific characteristics. And, this so-called “Canadian back bacon” is a must-have for food services but it hasn’t been a point of differentiation for restaurants and grocery stores.
Things are changing in the bacon aisle of the food services industry. Here’s how…
INTRODUCING: CERTIFIED CANADIAN BACK BACON ™
Until now, there were many companies offering pork products that masqueraded as “Canadian back bacon” but really only shared that generic term and did not necessarily look or taste the same.
The Canadian Back Bacon Corporation is innovating in the food services industry by bringing a certification process to back bacon manufacturing, along with a wider variety of products for the discerning customers of restaurants and grocery stores. They are changing how Canadian back bacon is understood and consumed in the marketplace.
The Canadian Back Bacon Corporation was started by the same organization that brought another innovation to the marketplace – beef bacon. Their industry-transforming product is sold all over the world. In Canada, beef bacon is sold in Costco, Co-op, Sobeys, and other national chains. Now, that same group of food industry innovators have turned their attention to the back bacon industry and they are changing how people understand “Canadian back bacon”.
Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ is now the authentic and world-famous back bacon from Canada, made to exacting standards that consumers are expecting their back bacon experience to have.
- Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ provides consistency to a varied product, ensuring that restaurant and grocery store customers receive exactly the taste, texture, appearance, and experience that they desire when they ask for Canadian back bacon. This eliminates the inconsistent experience that customers currently have when the buy food that claims to be “Canadian back bacon” but does not conform to any standard.
- Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ ensures that back bacon manufacturers are maintaining and exceeding the highest food manufacturing standards set by the USDA and the CIFA, and that they comply with HACCP standards during production. Thus, customers can trust their new back bacon experience to meet the highest industry standards of food safety.
- Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ provides a point of differentiation to restaurants and grocery stores who can sell these certified products at a higher price point because certification promotes a sense of authenticity and credibility among consumers. Customers are already asking for Canadian back bacon and, through a strategic marketing approach, they will soon be asking for Certified Canadian Back Bacon™. Restaurants and grocery stores will want to ensure that they are stocking only Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ products.
- Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ has also introduced non-pork products for consumers who desire to eat back bacon but whose cultural or religious restrict them from eat pork. The taste experience is the same but the beef-derived food product complies with cultural and religious customs. This broadens the back bacon experience for consumers who desire the taste and texture of this popular bacon product but want to adhere to their own cultural standards.
- Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ is prepared in a very specific way. Only back bacon that bears the title Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ has been cooked in our prescribed methodology and has been prepared with 100% authentic Quebec maple syrup for a truly and authentically Canadian taste.
CERTIFIED CANADIAN BACK BACON™ PRODUCTS
There are currently three Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ products available to the food services industry:
Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ product #1: Canadian back bacon. This pork-derived product is the traditional back bacon product. However, unlike other pork-derived back bacon that claims to be “Canadian back bacon”, Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ complies with the Canadian Back Bacon Corporation’s certification standards.
Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ product #2: Canadian beef back bacon. This innovative beef-derived product is inspired by the traditional pork-derived back bacon product but is prepared in a way that is suitable for cultures and religions that do not eat pork. The taste and texture and experience are the same as traditional back bacon but the food complies with these social structures.
Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ product #3: The most exclusive Canadian back bacon in the world. This private stock back bacon product is available for special order only. It’s created from rose veal. The rose veal is aged 20 days, it’s triple smoked in hickory and slow cooked to perfection. There is an application process to order this product and not all who apply will be accepted to carry or serve this product.
CERTIFIED CANADIAN BACK BACON™ AND YOUR ORGANIZATION
Here’s how Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ can help your food services organization:
- The Canadian Back Bacon Corporation is strengthening the brand of back bacon products called “Canadian back bacon”, bringing a higher level of awareness, credibility, and consistency to the marketplace. Therefore, if your food services organization services only Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ products, your customers can be assured of enjoying the same back bacon experience every single time.
- The Canadian Back Bacon Corporation is promoting the certification process globally to ensure that all companies that claim to be “Canadian back bacon” are complying with the strict standards created by the Canadian Back Bacon Corporation. Only food manufacturers that comply with the Canadian Back Bacon Corporation’s standards can bear the Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ seal of approval. Therefore, your restaurant or grocery store will want to proudly display the Canadian Back Bacon Corporation’s certification in your restaurant as a point of differentiation.
- The Canadian Back Bacon Corporation is promoting the concept of Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ to consumers through strategic marketing initiatives, encouraging them to insist on Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ when they order or a meal at a restaurant or shop at a grocery store. Therefore, discerning customers will be encouraged to only patronize restaurants and grocery stores that carry Certified Canadian Back Bacon™.
There are many back bacon products in the world that claim to be “Canadian back bacon” but are only masquerading as such. Restaurants and grocery stores that want to remain competitive in this challenging marketplace need an additional point of differentiation to meet the demands of their discerning customers.
Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ is the only Canadian back bacon products to stock on shelves and in kitchens. Check with your supplier and insist that they provide you with Certified Canadian Back Bacon™ for your restaurant or grocery store. And be sure to ask about how you can become certified to make or sell Certified Canadian Back Bacon™.