A BLT is one of life’s perfect dishes: It’s an easy-to-make meal with a simple list of ingredients and it can be enjoyed any time (breakfast, lunch, supper, or snack). A good BLT will leave everyone at the table with a satisfied smile!
If you want to take your BLT-ing to the next level then you’ll love our BBLT — a Beef Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich.
Here’s how we make them:
- In your favorite pan, start frying 4-6 slices of beef bacon.
- Peel and wash 2-4 leaves of Romaine lettuce.
- Wash and slice 2 Roma tomatoes.
- Cut yourself 2 slices of freshly baked sour dough bread and toast lightly.
- When the beef bacon is almost cooked to your desired crispness, remove from the pan. (Unlike regular bacon, beef bacon does not have a lot of fat or grease so you may not want to dab it with a paper towel as you normally would with pork-derived bacon).
- Lay one slice of toast on your plate and lightly spread on some olive oil mayonnaise.
- Layer on the lettuce and then the tomato.
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Layer on the bacon.
- Lightly spread olive oil mayonnaise on the top slice of toast and lay it on top.
- Call your afternoon appointments and tell them that you’ll be late because you’re about to eat the greatest BBLT you’ve ever eaten and you’ll probably end up making a second or perhaps a third right away.
Friends Coming Over For The Big Game?
Prepare the BBLT ingredients ahead of time but don’t put them together. Array them on a plate and provide paper plates and napkins. Your guests can assemble their own BBLT and they’ll be delighted to discover that you’re serving a healthier alternative to bacon —beef bacon! Plus, they’ll be talking about the big game night for a long time after (and not because of the game but because of the BBLT!)